Eye Check Up
Is to ascertain the health of the eyes which enable us to see this beautiful world, read, write, work, drive etc
Computerized eye check up is not enough. Eye check up does not stop with only vision and spectacle power testing.
A complete eye check up includes:
- Careful history
- Distant and near vision assessment for each eye separately
- Colour vision assessment whenever necessary
- Slit lamp examination
- Retinal examination by indirect ophthalmoscopy or 90.0D
- Eye pressure check up
Quality examination is done and adequate time is given according to the requirement of the case on an individual basis. Dilatation is done only when indicated. Eye drops which do not cause irritation are instilled only once generally for dilatation. The patient can keep the eyes open during the waiting period. The eye examination is completed in about 30–60 minutes. A holistic approach is employed relevantly.
Executive eye check up includes:
- Complete eye check up
- Field testing by Auto perimetry.
A comprehensive report of the eyes is handed over to the patient immediately.
Annual eye check up must be done in persons
- above 40 yrs and below 5 yrs
- with Diabetes , Hypertension
- wearing glasses , contact lenses
- with family history of glaucoma or
- with any other eye disorder
Corporate eye check up
- This provides complete eye check up at concessional rates for groups of employees.
- Power point presentation of the relevant eye problems can be given at their workplace.
Overseas eye check up
This provides complete eye check up for people travelling abroad. Specialist consultation is difficult and spectacles are expensive abroad. Appropriate guidance is given to the global traveller. The patients can keep in touch with us through e-mail for further order of glasses / contact lenses etc.
Paediatric eye check up
Children are called for check up on saturdays for dilatation by special eye drops, more effective for relaxation of ciliary muscles. This helps in accurate assessment of refraction.
Children are taught how to maintain glasses independently. Shatter proof glasses are recommended.
Dietary counselling is given for growing children.