Out Patient Procedures
Using an endoscope meant for ear, the tympanic membrane is visualized with magnification as well as around the corner view is obtained.
Diagnostic Nasal Endoscopy [DNE] :
Using 0 & 30 degree nasal endoscopes, the nasal cavity is examined after anesthetizing with cotton packs. The actual problem, site & extension of disease is analyzed, documented & explained to the patient.
Post operative suction Clearance:
This is one another out patient procedure where patients are subjected to endoscopy after giving local anesthetic to the nose. Residual blood clots and mucous secretions are all suctioned out to give complete relief to the patient.
The voice box, pharynx and the diseases in it are visualized using an angled 45 degree endoscope after applying local anesthetic spray. This also helps in assessing the improvement post operatively.
This is a hearing test. It is done in a sound proof room & the reports are documented. Testing with tuning fork is only qualitative. An audiogram is a must to assess:
- the exact type of hearing loss,
- the intensity of loss and
- the frequencies more affected
- in deciding the subsequent line of management,
- the improvement after surgery,
- in deciding the type of hearing aid and
- to detect the worsening in a case of pre existing disease